Cyber Security: Bridging the Gap between the Cyber threat landscape and Business Culture
It is difficult to quantify cyber risks in terms of business impact to executive leaders; and CISOs are having a tough time in communicating the value cybersecurity programs have to leadership. Using the ‘The Six Principles of Resilience for Digital Business Risk and Security’ this 2-day workshop aims to collaborate with security and c-level leaders to educate, communicate, and build a strategy to define business impact in relation to cyber threats. Using recent attacks and breaches as examples, participants will use tools and techniques to explain cybersecurity value and impact to the business from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
Dr. Roméo Farinacci is a senior security consultant with Terra Verde Services, specializing in security program development, risk management, security architectures, and risk assessments. He brings over 20 years dedicated IT/Security experience and 5 years consultation of complex enterprise infrastructures in public, private, and government sectors. Roméo’s passion in cyber security enables him to effectively develop and communicate change strategies for improving the security posture of organizations. His education portfolio includes a Doctorate in Management with an emphasis in Information Systems Technology, an MBA in International Business and an MS in Information Technology.
To learn more about the Cyber Security workshop, contact MSSBTI at 602-387-2100 or email@example.com.
- C-Level Suite (e.g., CISO, CSO, CFO, COO, etc.) and Security Leaders
- Facilitated program, with exercises and handouts to include Cyber-Risk to Business Translation tools
Research identifies a gap in appreciation and appropriate leveraging of the security leadership role in bridging cybersecurity with business. The six principles that include, “Move from checkbox compliance to risk-based thinking” and “Move from protecting the infrastructure to supporting organizational outcomes” (Peter Firstbrook, of Gartner) highlight the type of transformation needed as organizations assimilate cybersecurity into their business. A cybersecurity program that is truly integrated into business strategy is lacking in many organizations, treating cybersecurity as insurance or simply suggestions. Recent attacks have proven cybersecurity must be leveraged to ensure the competitive advantage and longevity of the business; this workshop will help explain how. Security leaders and business executives will benefit from this program by gaining the ability to quantify and communicate cybersecurity business value.
- Leadership development on communicating how to establish and/or enhance enterprise cyber presence and resiliency
- Making cybersecurity a part of an organization’s strategic action plan
- Cybersecurity transformation to business culture
- Persuading board and executive leaders to leverage security leaders in a proactive and prescriptive manner, rather than a reactive one
- Efficiencies in security leadership collaboration with C-level suite and board members
- Cybersecurity integration into company strategic action plan
- Enrichment of cybersecurity program to advance enterprise cyber resiliency and business strategy